I've been busy in my Craft Studio today designing a Koala Card to coincide with our Australia Day Celebrations and to 'share the love' I've written a tutorial so you can go ahead and make one for yourself!
It's based on the Owl Card that I recently made. The response to that project was beyond amazing so I thought it would be fun to make a Koala equivalent. Enjoy!
Kevin the Koala
Tutorial for Kaitlyn the Koala
The above photo shows all the Stampin' Up! ® punched and Big Shot Die pieces you will need to make this Koala Card.
1. Cut out all the pieces ready to assemble (Card Stock - Basic Gray (BG), Pink Pirouette (PP), Very Vanilla (VV), Basic Black (BB), Pool Party (PP) ).
2. Score one Top Note piece lengthwise.
3. Sponge around the edges of the above pieces with the corresponding ink colour.
4. Punch off 3 scallops from each Scallop Circle piece with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.
5. Glue the PP circles onto the scallop circle pieces (Front view shown on LHS).
6. Turn the 'ear' over and punch off the excess piece of the PP card stock.
8. With remaining single Top Note piece, glue on the embossed belly (Square Lattice Embossing Folder used in this example) and the front feet (underneath body). Add the arms and claws using Dimensionals (foam dots).
9. Sit the body piece you have just assembled on top of the bottom Top Note piece and line up.
10. Attach it to the top of the card with three Dimensionals (as shown above).
11. Glue the back 'feet' onto the back of the card base.
12. Assemble the 'nose', 'eyes' and 'ears' to the top front section as shown below.
13. Lastly, attach Basic Pearls to the eyes.
Kevin and Kaitlyn
Finished Back View
We don't have a Gum Tree in our garden so Kevin posed for a photo shoot in our Jasmine Bush!
I think I have found the perfect 'swap' if I ever fulfil a dream to go to Stampin' Up! ® Convention in the USA! Thanks so much for stopping by!
For Stampin' Up! ® supplies, 24/7, make sure you check out my on-line shop -