When this post goes live, eight of the CTC Crew will be catching up at an after party on the Gold Coast, at the last Stampin' Up! ® South Pacific Convention as we know it. I'm sure I will have some pics to share in another post, so stay tuned.
A Planter Box Card for Mum
I really, really love my mum because this card took a whole morning to make. I combined the instructions from two demonstrators, Linda Bauwin and Rebecca Hopper, on Stampin' Connection, to make my Planter Box Card.
Here's what inspired me on pages 36 and 37 of the Occasions Catty -
- The Colour Palette from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine - Soft Sky, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, page 37
- Theme - Mother's Day
- The White Tea Lace Doily on the gift box, page 36
- A hint of Black and White from the Washi and DSP, page 36 (my Newsprint Butterflies)
- Gold flowers stamped on Whisper White Card Stock, page 36
- The Kraft Takeout Box, page 37 - My Planter Box (I had run out of Kraft CS so used Baked Brown Sugar instead).
Basic Instructions -
- It was constructed from two pieces of stamped (Hardwood) Baked Brown Sugar card stock measuring 3"x 6" and scored at 3" on the long sides.
- The legs measure 1"x 4" and were scored at 1/2" on the short side.
- The three card inserts measure 2"x 4" and were scored 1/2" on both 4" sides to make the flaps that secure to the inside sides of the planter box.
Flower Shop and Petite Petals Stamp Sets have co-ordinating punches which makes it easy to punch out lots of stamped flowers. Can you spot the punched butterflies from Newspaper DSP and the gorgeous 'tag' from the stamp set, From the Garden (matching die from Handpicked Framelits Dies), the Soft Sky Twine and the White Tea Lace Paper Doily?
Up next is the talented, Jess Williams from The Paper Caper -
Thanks for 'hopping' by. I hope you enjoy the rest of the CTC Mother's Day Blog Hop.