The Design Team exclusively use SU products for their CTC projects. We CASE (copy and share everything) or use a sketch/layout, colour combo, embellishment, to name a few examples, as a springboard for our own creations.
I'm so glad you've joined the hop. If you get lost along the way, just click on the banner below to take you to our home blog where you will see a list of participants for this round -
For my project this week I took inspiration from page 148, The Fruit Stand Suite -
The little crate gift box is absolutely adorable. I've seen lots of cute replicas on Pinterest and about three weeks ago I decided to tweak the design a little and turn it into a card - a Fresh Fruit in a Crate Card and tonight I'm sharing a slightly different version and a mini tutorial.
CTC #87 - Fresh Fruit in a Crate Card #2
Mini Tutorial -
A - Card Inserts 1-1/2" x 3-15/16" (x 3). Score 1/2" in from both ends of all three pieces.
B - Side Pieces - 2-1/2" (H) x 2-3/4" (W) (x 2)
C - Front and Back Sections - 1" x 4" (x 4). Score 1/2" in from both ends of all four pieces.
2. With Tear and Tape Adhesive, adhere front and back crate pieces to the two side pieces as shown in the photo below -
3. Handy Hint: Punch out a Classic Label from a scrap of card stock and position into place on both side pieces with a dab of glue BEFORE punching out the crate 'handles'.
4. Line up the punched piece with your Classic Label Punch. Punch and repeat on the other side so handles are even.
5. Adhere the back two pieces to the other side piece of the crate to form the base of the card.
6. Attach all three card inserts just below the punched handles on either side of the crate making sure the side flaps on the left side are turned towards the back of the card and the side flaps on the right face towards the front. This allows for a smoother swing mechanism and a flatter fold when placing the card in an envelope.
7. Fold two doilies in half and glue one to the front and one to the back of the crate.
8. Cut out two, 2" squares from the Fruit Stand DSP, fold diagonally in half and glue into place over the doilies.
9. Cut out a few images of fruit from the Fruit Stand DSP and attach to the inserts with Glue Dots.
10. Stamp a sentiment from the Fresh Fruit Stamp Set with Peekaboo Peach Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and attach to the front of the card.
Card folds flat and fits inside a standard, card size (C6) envelope.
This second card is slightly smaller than the original. You can get the details for the first one I made HERE.
Thanks so much for hopping by!
I hope you're enjoying the projects from the CTC Crew. You can hop back to Monique Fielder or keep going forward onto Rebecca Scurr's blog to see what Artistic Expressions project inspired her.
Every month we have a challenge link up where you can join in the fun too. The link below will take you to our July challenge -