Just Add Ink Challenge # 31 - Colour

There's a colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week and I couldn't resist playing with my new pre-order goodies.

The set I have used is called Artistic Etchings and will be available to purchase from the new Australian Idea Book and Catalogue from the 1st of September.


Vintage Top Note Box

I used the collage technique to stamp the top of the box using all the challenge colours (Sahara Sand for Kraft). I thought the Real Red was a bit bright for the Vintage look so stamped all the red images on scratch paper before stamping onto the card stock.



I added a Square Fire Rhinestone Brad to the front of the box to make it look like a little drawer handle.




Here's the Colour Combo for this Week's Challenge - # 31





Take a peek at what's inside. They're my favourite coffee bags. It's a pity that they're not French Expresso Style!




There's a 'Style Watch' in the new catty called Vintage Suite which highlights "aged, typographical art, weathered, antique paper designs". Sounds pretty 'dreamy' don't you think? There's certainly a lot to look forward to, with matching DSP and tools to distress etc.



This was my first attempt at making the Vintage Top Note Box. I originally wanted to combine Artistic Etchings with Sip by Sip to go with the coffee bags inside but wasn't happy with the result. It looked like it was better suited to storing match sticks because of the Red Head on the front!

So, then I decided to try out the little dividers inside the box. That was fun and it got me inspired to plan a tutorial. Unfortunately, it won't happen this week as I am knee deep in school report comments at the moment with very little time to stamp! 'Sigh! ..'


Here's the Project Recipe for Vintage Top Note Box:
Stamp Sets: Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags
Cardstock: Kraft
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Square Rhinestone Fire Brad, Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet, Hemp Twine, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Crop-a-dile, Jewelry Tag Punch, Top Note Die and Big Shot Machine, Distressing Tool from Cutter Kit, Sticky Strip.

Did you notice anything different about my photos? I recently purchased an Optex Portable Photo Studio. Neat ay? Now I can take photos regardless of the weather and light conditions. Thank goodness for that!

I hope you have been inspired to play along with the colour combo and join in the challenge at Just Add Ink. Have a great weekend and if you're an Aussie, don't forget to vote!

Comments

Paula Dobson said…
I love the antique feel to this box Bron, but also the sophistication! I especially like it cause it's got coffee in it, lol
Rachel said…
I love vintage and you done so well with the box. Beautiful.
Rach:)
Leonie said…
This little box is adorable! I cant wait to see the tutorial!
Mae Collins said…
I really like the vintage feeling you have got going with these projects and I feel some inspiration coming on to use that stamp set again and again.
Anonymous said…
This is gorgeous Bron, Love how the string goes through the tower! The colours look great with this vintage creation.
Gardenia
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said…
Love the stamping, the box & everything Bronwyn - it's fabulous!
Unknown said…
It's so goregous Bronwyn, the square rhinestone is a perfect touch.
Anonymous said…
Hello,
I'm German - sorry, the box is very goregous. :-)
Liebe Grüße Gaby
Tui Nathan said…
I soo love this box Bronwyn, and I love how you have used it as a gift box for coffee - I am always looking for novel ways to create 'relax and take a break' giftsets. Thanks ... oh and am really loving the vintagey style!!!
Susan Joyce said…
Fabulous design Bronwyn, love the Vintage look.
Julie Marshall said…
Love, Love, Love this! I am either going to recreate this or turn it into a card. Great design...TFS!
I sooooo have to get that stamp set! Love the colours ... simply gorgeous! Hugs xxaxx
Meges H said…
Wow! Love,love the way you have combined these colours and stamp set. I had an similar image and feel in mind for the stamp set but was too "scardy-cat" to get it and try it out. Thanks...think that one will now make the "wish list"!!!!