Just Add Wheels

The Just Add Ink Team have combined with the Helping Hudson Fundraiser gals to bring you this week's challenge - JUST ADD WHEELS!!!

Here's my DT submission -

A Wheel Card


... with a stamped wheel image (skateboard)
and a Jumbo Wheel (Neighborhood)


The Four Pictures within the Wheel


Over at the Hudson Fundraising Site, a group of very dedicated ladies have put together a wonderful blog to help raise money for little Hudson who needs a Kid Walker! There's a competition posted every day and three challenges every week, plus a heap of amazing tutorial packs to buy. Why don't you check out this 'Wheely Great Cause'? The link is on my side bar and at the beginning of this post.


With my card for this week, I also went with the idea of a birthday card for a little boy!! I think Hudson will be turning three next birthday??

I cracked open my pack off Ballet Blue Cardstock and took the wrapping off the matching ink pad that I had bought months ago to combine with the bright, Real Red for a 'junior' look (but alas ... Ballet Blue is about to retire after I've just 'discovered' its appeal).



Here's the List of Bits 'n' Bobs that I used to make the Wheel Card -
Stamp Sets: All in the Family, Family Favourites, Family Accessories Too, Neighborhood Jumbo Wheel, Family Phrases
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Ballet Blue, Real Red
Accessories: Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, White Gel Pen, Jumbo White Brad, Dimensionals, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Die, Real Red Polka Dot Ribbon (from Summer Mini Catalogue)

The FREE TEMPLATE for the Wheel Card is from Victorine Originals.

Happy Crafting and enjoy the weekend. I know I will because I'll finally get a chance to play with my new pre-order goodies!! Can't wait.


PS: I've just discovered this card was chosen for Nancy Riley's iPicks! I feel very honoured. I love checking out her 'selections' each week - so inspirational! (August 30th)

Comments

Rachel said…
What a fantastic card.
Rach:)
Unknown said…
this is fabulous, I love it, and its so much fun.
Leonie said…
What a cool card, so much fun! I am goint to have to make myself one of these!!
Jo said…
Bron, this is SO cute. I love it and will definately be trying one out!
Jodene said…
That is one very clever card Bronwyn, I love it! And thanks so much for sharing the template too :)
KimB said…
What a clever idea for the wheels challenge! I love the fun images you used for the wheel - I reckon my Mr 2 would love this to bits (quite possibly literally) if I made him one when he turns 3.

Kim
Patrice said…
Terrific bright and fun card, very clever!
Christine Blain said…
Bron, this is just AMAZING. Love your colour choices, the hand-drawn stitching, and the adorable images you've used. You are altogether too talented!! I get a lot of joy from your creations. Christine xx
Anonymous said…
I adore this card Bron! What a fun card for a little kiddy to get. Lol at the ballet blue discovery ...love your colours youve used Bron
AJ said…
This is awesome Bronwyn! Love the bright colours and fun images.
Rachel Moore said…
WOW i always wanted to try that idea. i miagt give it a go. cool card bron
I love this Bron!!! One of my all time favourite books has wheels like this in it, it's a poem book and I've had it for 20 years i reckon!!! Such a super duper card!!! (love your very cool play on words for my card too!!)
Have a wonderful day,
Smiles SHArnee :)
Caroline said…
Another gorgeous card - such a clever use of this set & wheel!
Jeannie said…
Absolutely LOVE this card! I have to make one now! TFS!
Linda Bandow said…
So clever and effective....any little kid would love this card. Just right! TFS!