2-4-6-8 ... a Stamp-a-holics' Challenge

Silhouette Sentiments Gift Box



The Stamp-a-holics Design Team have just launched their Team Blog and have started the ball rolling with a 3D Challenge.

This week's challenge is to make a 2-4-6-8 box/party favour within a 45 minute time frame.

When I found out about their blog through Delys and Carole'Anne's subscription emails, I had a look at the link on how to make the box, checked out the time and realized I had about 40 minutes until I promised I would take my DD on a driving lesson ... so I thought I'd give it a go.

If you know me well enough, you'd know that most of my projects that I do take me forever, as I agonise overy every little step and then I sometimes go back and change things even after I've photographed my challenge entry. I have never done a challenge to meet a 'time deadline' before and it really got the adrenalin going (just in time for Laura's driving lesson).

I'm happy to report that it took 43 minutes exactly and that included deciding on the design as I went along, choosing the colour combo and unwrapping brand new ink pads from their plastic wrap! (all 3 of them to be exact) Phew! I made it.

I must admit, though, I feel much happier about taking my time when I enter a challenge but maybe this whole time restriction thing may 'grow on me'.


Here's a little package of inspiration that helped me in the process -
It's the 'Color Coach' from Stampin' Up! and I LOVE it.



I looked at the 'Creative Combination' on the Blushing Bride Card and went from there!



Project Recipe:

Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments (Hostess L1)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Early Expresso, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: As above, plus Very Vanilla
Accessories: Blushing Bride Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Punches: Double Rectangle (Retired), Eyelet Border, Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Jewelry Tag, Neutrals' Brad, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals


Thanks for taking a peek,




PS: This post took longer than the challenge!

Comments

Patrice said…
Well done Bron! Excellent timing for a 45 min challenge :o)

Love that beautiful BB bow!

Think I must invest in the Colour Coach!
Rachel said…
WOW 45 mins beautiful. It would take me 45 mins to decide on what colours to use.
Rach:)
Christine Blain said…
I love your project, Bron - it is GORGEOUS! Super-impressed with the speed with which you whipped it up, too. Gotta love that Colour Coach!
Gotta love that new Colour Coach. This is a stunning colour combo! Just lovely, Bronwyn! Hugs xxaxx
whowhy you are the first to play with us at the STAMPAHOLICS Blog
thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much
I love your little box so adorable and very very classy
Wonderful job!
Jess S said…
Hi thanks for the inspiration, i have linked back here on my blog post - http://jesscraft.blogspot.com/2010/10/stamp-holic-2468-favour-box-stampin-up.html
Thanks
Jess
Paula Dobson said…
Wow! This is gorgeous. I agonise over projects too, so completely understand what you were saying! Maybe I should try this challenge too. LOVE your entry Bron :-)
This is so pretty and great job on the time! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stampaholics this week.
Cynthia
Anonymous said…
woohoo Thanks for playing along Bron! Love your box and the colour combo is fab. Well done on getting there in the time required. Gotta have that ribbon ..off to order it now lol
Liam said…
This is just gorgeous. Love it.

Liam
Mitzi Luttrull said…
Thanks for playing along with us this week, Bron. Good use of your Color Coach. The colors, and all the details you put in your project make this little box special.
jimlynn said…
SOOOOOO CUTE! That pink really makes it "pop" too.
Lynn
Tania Gould said…
I love this!!! Love the colours!
Jo said…
Great work Bron. I'd love to be able to whip something as lovely as that up in 45 mins, but jeepers, I think I am the slowest crafter ever! Also love the colour coach and have spied some colour combos that I'm just dying to have a go at.
Cindy Major said…
What a gorgeous box!! Love the soft colours together!