A 'Spin' on Card Patterns Sketch 87

Here's my 'spin' on the latest sketch challenge at Card Patterns. I made a different style of spinner card using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits.


Beautiful Wings Spinner Card


This Week's Sketch at Card Patterns


The semi-circle part for the sketch is achieved with the linen thread being used as a 'divider'.


Here's the inside of the card - the part where you write all the 'mushy' stuff.


It can lay flat ready to pop in the post.


A Better View


How to Make this Spinner card -
1. Score your card right through the middle from top to bottom.
2. Cut a circle in the middle of the card through both the front and back.
3. Cut two layers for each butterfly and attach together (sticky strip) with the linen thread through the middle. Thread on some beads if you wish.
4. Secure the thread tightly inside the card with sticky strip just slightly left of the score line and glue the left sides together (front and back).
5. Embellish using DSP and ribbon etc.


Project Recipe -
Stamps: Just Believe
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, White, Early Expresso
Ink: Early Expresso
Accessories: Elegant Soiree DSP, Early Expresso Taffeta Ribbon, Baja Breeze Corduroy Button (retired), Linen Thread, Beads from Pretties Kit (retired), Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punches
Non-SU: Nestabilities Circle and Scallop Circle Dies


Here's a couple of other spinner cards that I have made if you want to take a peek -
Happy Moments
Inkspirations Colour Challenge

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Patrice said…
Very clever, great card Bron!
Agata said…
That is a fun take on the sketch indeed! Beautiful colors! And I love that butterfly! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!
Anonymous said…
This is gorgeous Bron. I have ordered this DSP just because I have seen you use it.
You card is so stinking clever and cute Love it to bits! TFS
Gardenia
Jo said…
Wow Bron this is amazing. Absolutely love it.
Unknown said…
From one Bronwyn to another.....

I LOVE the suspended butterflies. My daughter agrees - "They are flying, Mommy!" The colour combo is lovely - very ethereal>

www.queenbcreativeme.blogpsot.com
This is an amazing card lovely Bron! WOW! I love this different take on the spinner!! Such beautiful work, and just quickly LOVE that awash with flowers card, WOW!!!
HOpe you are well
HUgs SHarnee :0)
Sue Bayliss said…
Love the spinner card, the pearls with the butterflies are fantastic
bec said…
That is fantastic! I haven't seen that before, it's SO clever!! Thanks so much for showing us mere mortals how ;) LOL Love Bec
Wow! You are such a clever stamper, Bronwyn. I am constantly amazed at the wonderful creations you come up with! When I grow up I wanna be Bronwyn! Hugs xxaxx
Steffie said…
I love butterflies! And I love this card!

Greetings from Germany.
Steffie