Inkspirations Sketch Challenge

Coffee Kiki


Inkspirations Challenges has a new home and a bigger Design Team so I just HAD to find the time to join in and have a go at their latest Sketch Challenge.


Inkspirations Sketch # 47


The 'flower' image seemed to be the real focal point and finally I had a project 'worthy' enough to place one of the gorgeous crocheted flowers that Patrice had made for me.

I have been looking at all the lovely crocheted flowers that Patrice and my other friend, Andrea, have made. It's been so hard to take them out of my little dish which sits on my stamping desk and use them, unless of course they're for a really special project!


Patrice's Crocheted Flower


Well, I'm going to be totally 'self-indulgent' and keep this little calendar for my work desk next year. I'm sure the children in my Prep/1 class will want to make one of their very own (Now ... there's the first craft activity sorted out for Term 1, 2011).


It's an Easel Card/Calendar


Speaking of FIRSTS - this is the first time I have downloaded a digi image and the first time I have used Copic Markers! (I have 'stalked' Keesh's blog to watch all her great tutorials)


The Sentiment Reads, "A Morning without Coffee is like Sleep".



Project Recipe:
Stamp Set: Morning Cup
Ink: Marina Mist
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Brights DSP, Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Subtles Buttons, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Linen Thread, Pearl from Pretties Kit (retired), Scallop Trim Border Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals
Non-SU: Patrice's Crocheted Flower, CC Designs Digi Image - Coffee Kiki, Copic Markers, Mini Calendar

Thanks Keesh and the DT for an Honourable Mention!! It made my day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog,

Comments

Tania Gould said…
Oooo..wow - the Copic colouring looks great! Love how you have the craft activity for the new year sorted already!!!! It looks awesome! Great to have on ur desk!
Renée said…
oooooh, so pretty, Bronwyn! Love your colouring and that crochet flower!
Lee-Anne said…
This is just gorgeous. I love the image and your colouring is just beautiful. I love the idea of this with the little calendar at the bottom, so clever. The crocheted flower is just perfect. Beautiful!!
Patrice said…
Wowee Bron your colouring is fabbo! That flower looks perfect for your calendar and how good does it feel to have term 1, 2011 sorted!

I love this little project of yours.
5boysmom-texas said…
Luv this!! Good job!! Would like to know the blog you look at for tutorials!!!

mom25boys84@yahoo.com
Danielle Daws said…
Go the copics!! Fabulous! I love your project. I'd love to know where you got the little calendars too... ;-)
Claire said…
Absolutely gorgeous Bronwyn! Do you have measurements or template you could share with me for this one? I would love to make some!
Tennille said…
Oh how sweet! Where did you get the mini calendars? It's just too cute!
So many sweet details to enjoy on this one! Love the buttons ... the crotchet flower ... the scallop edge ... the calendar / easel idea ... the gorgeous image & the impressive colouring (esp. for your 1st time using Copics!) Hugs xxaxx
Pandarina said…
It's beautiful! I like the idea of attaching a calendar to it. How do you stick the sheets of calendar to the card? Would like to try to make it...
Christine Blain said…
Gorgeous, Bron! Love the colours, and your colouring, and the crocheted flower is absolutely beautiful. Glad you will get to enjoy this lovely project for the whole year!
Wow! This is such a fantastic idea (plus it's beautiful too!)
I would also love to know where you get the calendars too please.
I work in a kindergarten class and wouldn't these make great presents for their parents at christmas time (with a picture they drew of course, not a gorgeous stamped creation coloured with copics!)

Kathy
Marisa said…
Totally adorable image and fabulously coloured! That crocheted flower is fabulous too! Great use of this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing :)
WOW! This is utterly adorable! I love the idea of adding a calendar to an easel card. Great coloring with your coloring! TFS!

Brandi
Chook said…
Great card. I just love the easel design too.
Carrie Gaskin said…
That flower is just yummy and I love the design you've used on this. Great job!
Sandra said…
Congratulations Bronwyn! I love the design, the colours, your colouring and that crocheted flower with the pearl is so pretty!