Just Add Ink - Sketch Challenge #45

There's a Sketch Challenge on this week at Just Add Ink. Why don't you head on over and check out the awesome samples from the other DT Members and get inspired to play along.


Hand Knit Tag Holder


Sketch Challenge #45


Hand Knit Tags


My Hand Knitted Cupcake Pin Cushion

The pattern for this cute little project is from an Express Publication called, Knitting and Crochet (No. 1). Knitting was my first 'craft love'. My paternal grandmother taught me how to knit at the age of 4 and then my mum guided me through the knitting obsession for many more years. I still like to sit and knit the odd project or two and have just recently learnt to crochet. More on that topic in another post as this one is meant to be about Paper Craft!!!!



Another Inside Shot

This Tag Holder was made for my wonderful mum who celebrated her birthday this week. XX




The Tutorial for this Project can be found at the latest UStamp with Dawn and Friends!! Get a Jump on Your Jingle 2010. There's a button on my side bar if you wish to join up in order to access a wealth of wonderful tutorials from various SU Demonstrators around the globe.

I adapted the Christmas Tag Holder and Tags, designed by the talented Twila Davis, to suit the cute little Hand Knit Stamp Set.



Here's the Project Recipe for Hand Knit Tag Holder and Tags -
Stamp Sets: Hand Knit, Art by Design
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories: Neutrals and Subtles DSP Patterns Stack, 6"X6" Page Protector, Watercolour Paper, Aqua Painter, Blender Pen, Large and XL Tag Punches, The New Larger Scallop Circle Punch (It will be released on Dec 1st with the launch of the Summer Mini Catalogue), Crop-a-dile, Paper Piercing Tool, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals
Non-SU: Wool Scraps, Velcro Sticky Dot,
Cupcake: Subtles Button (Rose Red), Fleurettes 11 (Crocheted Flower)


Thanks so much for taking a peek. The Just Add Ink Team will be back real soon with some extra eye candy for the week in the form of a A Swap Hop! Stay tuned.





Comments

Dorcas said…
THis is too adorable!! My mom is a sheep fanatic so I must go look for atht stamp now so I can make here a card with it. Its really so precious!
Paula Dobson said…
Oh this is GOR-JE-US!!! Being a Knitter myslef, I would be thrilled to get this little gift. I bet your Mum was delighted. I am definitely having a go at this project now I have seen your take on it!
Wow! That is so fantastic Bronwyn.
It is so beautiful and such a thoughtful gift too.
I used to knit a lot too before I got obsessed with card making instead. Your gift has even made me feel like getting out the knitting again.
Thanks for sharing.
Kathy
Patrice said…
Oh Bron this is so gorgeous. I too am a knitter and would be thrilled to receive all those gorgeous little tags. Loving that cupcake too :o)
Robyn said…
What a great present for your mum! I bet she will totally love it! TFS!
Anonymous said…
I just love this!! What a fantastic gift to someone who loves to knit. TFS
Deb Fearns
About Me said…
how absolutley ADORABLE!!!!!!!! So so cute! I love your tag holder and yes, what a thoughtful thoughtful gift! And that stamp set looks so cute too - how handy that you can knit and have a stamp set to match! :) Beautiful job - so inspiring! xxx
Mae's Cachet said…
I was wondering what was in this little project when I saw it on JAI, great idea! I can knit but not crochet very well and I haven't done either for years! A lovely gift for your mum.
Tania Gould said…
OMG this is A-Mazing! You put us all to shame Bronwyn! Love it!
THis is soooo amazing!! I love it!!! Really Bron, it's totally awesome!!
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!!
Really love that set too!! Have a super weekend!!
Smiles and Hugs SHarnee :0)
Twila said…
I love your version of my U-Stamp Project! How cute, and the pin cushion is super. Please post it on U-stamp. You don't have to use Christmas Paper for your version of the projects and this is just too cute not to share with everyone. Thanks for letting me know that you were able to use my idea!
Christine Blain said…
This is ADORABLE, Bron!! I'll bet your Mum loves it to bits. So sweet. The little tags are such a great idea, and altogether too cute stamped with that set.
Wowsers! Love this idea, Bronwyn! And ... the colour combo is sooo pretty! I'm sure you mum must have loved these special gifts! Hugs xxaxx
Bronwyn Eastley said…
Thanks for all your lovely comments. I was very seriously considering whether or not I'd post this project as I just couldn't get it 'right' (watercolouring mostly). Sigh!! Thanks for the 'boost' that I needed at the end of a very busy week. I struggle with trying to get projects done when I'm being 'pulled' in all directions!! Only 10 and a half work days left for me until the Summer Break (not that I'm counting).
Anonymous said…
I cant believe you considered not posting this.....*slap* it is awesome. Love the colours, and the idea and ofcourse the little extra knitted element. Any crafty person would think this is wonderful and a great pressie. :)
KimB said…
And you were worried - why? you crazy lady ;) - this is a totally fantastic project. I love it, the tags and your knitted cupcake pincushion!! It makes me want to knit again.
Rachel Moore said…
wow what a fab project, this turned out awesome, your such and inspiration
Jo said…
Bron, this is so cute. I love this little set, that little lamb is just so sweet. I'm sure your mum will love this.