JAI 91 - Colour Challenge and Fun Flowers Easel Card

This week at Just Add Ink I have put together a very simple colour combo for you for our 91st challenge. The colours are so sweet and feminine that I decided to make a cupcake card for a friend's birthday.


JAI 91 - Sugar Cupcake

JAI 91 - Colour Comb0
Chocolate Chip
was the 'neutral of choice' for my DT sample.




This card involved some heat and dry embossing, fussy cutting with paper piecing, die cutting, sponging, adding some shine with Silver Smooch Spritz and colouring in with copic markers (still on my 'L's').



Here's the 'original' card that I made for the challenge but decided it didn't quite make the 'cut'. It is an easel card made from the Fun Flowers Die using Sahara Sand as my neutral of choice. It's back to the drawing board on that one!


This card is embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and finished off with an Antique Brad.


I hope the colours inspire you to join in with the challenge this week. Why don't you hop on over to Just Add Ink to check out the other DT work and link up your own entry?

Happy stamping and enjoy your weekend.

Comments

Christine Blain said…
I love your cupcake card, Bron; all the colour and texture looks fabulous. Methinks you're a little hard on yourself, because the flower easel card is pretty darn amazing as well. Thanks for sharing both of your projects :)
Jo said…
Bron, both of these are totally gorgeous. I love the Cupcake card and the easel flower is lovely. I saw it on SC this morning and wondered why we hadn't seen it before. Very clever my friend :)
KimB said…
Ooh awesome cupcake card Bron, love the yummy colours and you are so not on L-plates - the colouring is great! Love, love the ruffled fun flower easel card - petite but oh so cute and very clever too!
Kim xxx
Nikki Spencer said…
Not one but two, you have been busy! Love them both Bron, your little easle flower is gorgeous and the cupcake is such a sweet idea, especially with the image and alpha, such a cute image too!
Paula Dobson said…
Your Cup Cake card looks good enough to eat and your colouring is fabulous! As for that Easel card - is there anything you can't do?!! ♥
Unknown said…
Really love your easel cards.
Gorgeous cupcake card Bronwyn. Your colouring is fantastic and I love the paper piecing too.
Your flower easel card is lovely too.
Patrice said…
Not sure why your easel card didn't make the cut Bron? Looks great to me. I do LOVE your cupcake card though - keep resisting that die but think I'm going to have to just get it lol.