The Stamp Review Crew - Butterfly Basics

Hi and welcome to The Butterfly Basics Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop.  We are a group of Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrators who love to show you just how much you can do with one stamp set. 

If you get lost, just click on the banner below to take you to our main blog, where you will see a list of all the participants for this round.  Enjoy!



I have two cards to share today, the first one is another 'Fold Over Window Card' using LeAnn Greff's tutorial as a springboard -


Butterfly Basics 1 - Hexagon Hive, Fold-Over Window Card


Colour Palette - Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, Lost Lagoon and Very Vanilla
   

The second is a variation of an easel card made from the Butterflies Thinlits Dies and mounted on an oval base - 

Butterfly Basics 2 - Easel Card 

Colour Palette - Hello Honey, Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla
I've just returned from South Pacific Convention and did manage to get these cards made and photographed before I went.  However, I'm a bit tired after two plane flights and a drive home, to write up the instructions that go with a mini tutorial that I was working on.  Hopefully, I will put that up when I get the chance. 

The colour combos for both cards were taken from the Colour Coach. I love using that resource.

I hope you are enjoying the 'hop'.


Now it's off to Cindy Beach's blog -

http://stampspaperandink.typepad.com/stamps_paper_and_ink/2015/05/the-stamp-review-crew-butterfly-basics-edition.html


Or back to Debra Burgin -
http://heartfeltinkspiration.com/2015/05/03/stamp-review-crew-butterfly-basics

Thanks for stopping by.  See you in another two weeks for the next SRC Blog Hop.


PS:   It was great to meet my fellow Aussie SRC Member, Rochelle Blok, at Convention and I will do a post very soon that will cover all the highlights of a fun-filled 4 days. 

Comments

WebDeb said…
So amazing -- your projects are wonderful and inspiring! I want to duplicate these ASAP!
Dawn Tidd said…
Two clever cards, Bronwyn! I love the Hexagon Hive with this and it looks great in the window. The second card is a great way to show how the little pieces in the butterfly can be left in to create a fun card too!
Rochelle Blok said…
SO great to meet you too Bronwyn. I too am feeling so tired today to and am so glad my post was organised before convention otherwise I don't think I would have got it done. Love your two creations. That fold over flip card is an awesome idea! Might have to give that one a go!
Tanya Boser said…
Wow! I feel like I am repeating myself because you always wow me with your fantastic projects!! Gorgeous, great colors and layouts, and lots of wow techniques :)
Cindy Beach said…
I really love the way you extended the card base for your first card, Bronwyn. It makes a striking frame for the pretty image and sentiment.
LOVE the fabulous color combos too!
Mike said…
You are the master of color selection! All of your projects are so exciting with the color palette you've chosen, and I love the sandwich look of the butterfly card.
Two really beautiful cards and techniques! I love the colors and the concepts!
Betty said…
Lovely- especially the cutout/double layer of the honeycomb!
MarvA1ix said…
Both are very clever cards. I never thought of combining the 2 honeycombs. That's fun! And, the butterfly easel card is to die for lovely. I makes want to run off and make one right away, and I've never made an easel card.