Don't Make Things Complicated!

Hey there! ... I think the post title will become my new motto.  If you're like me most cards require a minimum of an hour or two (or even more) to make.  I tend to toil over every little detail and half a day has gone before I know it.

Today I had this 'ah ha' moment because I needed two cards pronto and I was actually contemplating on buying them as my craft mojo had taken a hike ... yikes! ... imagine that with $$$$ of supplies in my very own craft room.  You see, I'm off on a little holiday with my mum tomorrow and time is precious, so I decided to just make them very clean, simple, quick and easy and guess what? ... I actually like them.

The first one was a request from my daughter; a birthday card for a friend.  It had to have a tree stamp or something 'naturey' and have a copper 'element' on it.  I did have some copper coloured paper in my stash so I stamped the cute little tree from Happy Scenes on it, cut it out with a circle punch, glued it on a doily and then onto some black card stock cut from the scallop circle die.  I cut a large white circle for the back so there was room for a message and made it into a large tag to attach to the present.  Laura was pleased with how it turned out.

The second one was super easy.  I just love the simplicity of a black stamped image on plain Kraft card stock.  This one's for my brother's birthday.  His obsession is restoring wooden vintage caravans so I side-tracked from all things, SU to purchase a Darkroom Door stamp set called Carved Caravans and this is the first time I have inked up one of the images.

I must remember to make more CAS cards to have in my stash!

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Leonie said…
These are both beautiful cards. So true, some times the more simple, the more beautiful and elegant