The Stamp Review Crew - Happy Scenes

Welcome to the Happy Scenes Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop.  We are a group of international Stampin' Up! demonstrators that love to share just how much you can do with one stamp set.

If you get lost, just click on the banner below to see the order of participants for this round -

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/10/stamp-review-crew-happy-scenes-edition.html


As I was preparing for this hop I was really lacking mojo and feeling a tad 'rusty'.  Nothing seemed to go right creating projects for this round (won't bore you with the details).  However, because I absolutely LOVE participating in The SRC Blog Hops and had to pull out of the last one due to the busyness of life, I was determined to ink up Happy Scenes and give it a go.  I finally ended up with two cards to share with you today.


1.  Stamping on a Photo

Have you ever stamped on a photo?  I love how it creates an instant background.  A few years ago I stamped quite a few sunrise/sunset photos with silhouette stamps and loved how they turned out.

My hubby and I were at Cradle Mountain, Tasmania this winter and were fortunate enough to experience the first snowfall for the season.  I took heaps of photos and chose the one below to create a Happy winter Scene -

The tree images were stamped with Early Espresso Ink onto the bottom right hand corner of the photo and the image was cropped to fit behind the die cut window.  The embossed bricks were sponged with Tip Top Taupe and Perfect Plum Ink.



2.  A Luminary Card


      
A centre step card was used as the base of my second card and I punched out a circle in the middle panel so the battery operated tealight could shine through.  The embossed bricks were sponged with Tip Top Taupe and Soft Sky Ink.  The vellum DSP is from the new Holiday Catalogue.

I hope you're enjoying the SRC Blog Hop!

Up next is Yapha Mason ...

http://yaphamason.com/blog/2015/10/04/stamp-review-crew-happy-scenes-edition/ 


... or back to Sue Plote, our newest SRC team member -

http://thispinkrooster.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-stamp-review-crewhappy-scenes.html



Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Linda Callahan said…
Beautiful cards! Love how you dressed the first window and then lit up the second!
Yapha Mason said…
These are gorgeous! Such a great idea to stamp on a photo, and I love your luminary!
Dawn Tidd said…
Two cute projects, Can't wait too see the directions for the light up card!
Sue Plote said…
Oh my goodness, Bronwyn! How lovely! I LOVE the "lace" curtains...and the luminary...just fabulous.
Anonymous said…
Two great projects!! Great idea to stamp on a photo. I also saw your down town abby on the side bar and I cracked up. I LOVE that show and I hadn't seen that one.
barbie louglin said…
I love these! What do you come up with when you DO have your mojo???
Unknown said…
Stamping on photos is one of those techniques I never think to do. Great job - very creative.
Nikki Spencer said…
How gorgeous is that brick wall! Love the details on these Bron, you've created 2 great projects even with no mojo...:0) xx
Heidi Baks said…
I love how you framed your first window with lace and doily... such great detail! The luminary card is a great idea!
Betty said…
I love how both of the these wintery cards have such a warm feel. Cozy!
Fabulous cards and so unique! Love that little topiary in the window.
Anonymous said…
As always, your projects are so creative Bron, even when you're not 'feeling it'! I must try stamping on photos soon! x