Paper Succulents made from Stampin' Up! Punches and Dies

Succulents are the latest trend in Home Decor; you can spot them in just about every gift shop - real ones, plastic or felt replicas, pictures, stationery items etc. ... so it made perfect sense to create some paper ones with Stampin' Up! supplies.

After a bit of a search on Pinterest, I came across a great tutorial by Allison Okamitsu. I decided to CASE all her gorgeous samples and only changed the colour for one of them.  Wow! I am totally hooked on paper succulents. Thanks for the creative inspiration, Allison.  I even added a little one of my 'own' to the bowl and can see myself making a few more in the not too distant future.

 The grey bowl and rocks were purchased from Spotlight (Australia).

Make sure you check out Allison's tutorial for inspiration.  I have included the 'recipe' below for easy reference -

1.  Flower Fair Framelits Die, Mossy Meadow Card Stock and Ink, Gorgeous Grunge Stamp - Cut 5
2.  Fun Flower Punch, Pear Pizzazz Card Stock and Ink, Beautiful Bunch Stamp - Punch 6
3.  Botanical Builder Framelits (centre piece), Pistachio Pudding Card Stock - Cut 5 (my idea)
4.  Flower from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Wild Wasabi Card Stock and Ink, Pictogram Punches Stamp - Punch 3 for each one
5.  Bouquet Bigz Large Die, Garden Green Card Stock and Ink, Gorgeous Grunge Stamp - Cut 3
6.  Bouquet Bigz Large Die, Mint Macaron Card Stock - Cut 6
 
  
That was a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon in the school holidays.  I'm looking forward to making more 3D paper succulents and am pretty stoked that the upcoming catty has a new stamp set called Live, Love Grow with images of succulents!!  That will definitely make it onto my first order for the new 2016/17 SU catalogue.


Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

These are so cute! I can't wait to try making some. I don't think I own all the supplies, but it will be fun experimenting.
Anonymous said…
Fabulous. I have noticed these on pinterest - you have done a great job. I wouldn't kill these ones either :)
Dawn Tidd said…
Awesome, Bronwyn! I am going to try this…I can't keep a real plant alive so maybe I can manage this! TFS!!