Spring Flowers for the Card Concept

I love making 3D cards, I love a fun Card Challenge and I love the fact that my craft area has moved to a spare room inside the house. I've set up a comfortable, clean and tidy, organized space where it's warm and cozy and I have left the mess of the converted garage/rumpus room behind. 

My mojo is back and I have spent some of Mother's Day in my 'happy place' making a birthday card for a friend.

Freestyle Collage for the Card Concept #54

 http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/the-card-concept-54-spring-flowers.html  

The Card Concept Challenge Blog has a Spring Flowers' Theme, my new Flower Patch stamps needed to see some ink, my friend loves purple and I wanted to try out a new idea for a card in a box base ... so here's the finished project -

   


Mini Tutorial
A Card in a Box made from Stampin' Up!'s ® Gift Card Envelope Thinlits ...

   
... and embellished with Flower Patch Photopolymer Bundle.

 

1.  Die cut two gift card envelopes and trim off the wider flaps at the lower edge on both pieces.
2.  Cut out two pieces of card stock that measure 2-3/4" x 2".


3.  Attach the small rectangular pieces to the outside of the small flaps on the end with strong adhesive or tape. Stamp with Gorgeous Grunge before adhering the second side.
4.  Fold down the two larger flaps to form the base of the card.


5.  Cut two inserts 2-1/2" x almost 5" and score 1/2" in from both sides. Fold ends as shown above.


 6.  Secure inserts to the inside of the base with strong adhesive. Embellish with your choice of stamped images or die cuts.
7.  Card folds flat and fits inside a standard card size envelope (C6) ready for posting.


Thanks, Jodene and DT
 

Comments

AB. said…
Oh my gosh - this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colours and the design of your card-in-a-box.
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept Bronwyn - always love your work! xxx
mamawcindy said…
Your Card in a Box turned out Wonderful. Love It! I have only made one Card in a Box before. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for Sharing. Glad I stopped by.
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com
sandie said…
Wow what an amazing design, love all the pops of flowers. Thanks for joining TCC
Such a fabulous project! Love all those blooms. Thanks for joining us at The Chard Concept!