My mojo is back and I have spent some of Mother's Day in my 'happy place' making a birthday card for a friend.
Freestyle Collage for the Card Concept #54
The Card Concept Challenge Blog has a Spring Flowers' Theme, my new Flower Patch stamps needed to see some ink, my friend loves purple and I wanted to try out a new idea for a card in a box base ... so here's the finished project -
A Card in a Box made from Stampin' Up!'s ® Gift Card Envelope Thinlits ...
... and embellished with Flower Patch Photopolymer Bundle.
1. Die cut two gift card envelopes and trim off the wider flaps at the lower edge on both pieces.
2. Cut out two pieces of card stock that measure 2-3/4" x 2".
3. Attach the small rectangular pieces to the outside of the small flaps on the end with strong adhesive or tape. Stamp with Gorgeous Grunge before adhering the second side.
4. Fold down the two larger flaps to form the base of the card.
5. Cut two inserts 2-1/2" x almost 5" and score 1/2" in from both sides. Fold ends as shown above.
6. Secure inserts to the inside of the base with strong adhesive. Embellish with your choice of stamped images or die cuts.
7. Card folds flat and fits inside a standard card size envelope (C6) ready for posting.
Thanks, Jodene and DT