Inkspirations Colour Challenge #16 & Card Patterns Sketch #43

There's a real sweet reason to make this card today and it comes in the form of a dear lady called Betty! More about that story at the end of the post.

The second reason is that I love doing Makeesha's challenges and she has put out a colour challenge for this week. I got to use the last of some Real Red card stock from my original stash, break open the 'Taken with Teal' Stampin' Pad and use its accompanying card stock for the first time! Not to mention that I also got to use some retired DSP that I was wondering if I'd ever get to use again. So, as you can tell, this one got me out of my 'comfort zone' and got my mind ticking over at full speed. It's a shame I don't have a housework fairy who does the washing, cook the tea and write my school reports!

The third reason is that I got to have a go at a sketch challenge from 'Card Patterns' that I have wanted to participate in for a while. So I've combined two challenges for the first time.


Lollies for The 'Lolly Lady'

The fourth reason, not that I need any more reasons to make a card, is that it gives my customers a sneak peek at something new in the Summer Mini and fifthly, I got to have a play with my new 'Something Sweet' stamp set for the first time.

Project Recipe for 'Lollies for the Lolly Lady' -
Stamp Set: Something Sweet ($44.95)
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal and Real Red
Ink: Real Red and Taken with Teal
Accessories: Retired DSP x2, Sweet Treat Cup, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, 1/2" Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and Stampin'Dimensionals, Jelly Belly Jelly Beans

Sixthly ... my daughter, Laura, wanted to crack open the huge packet of Jelly Belly, Jelly Beans that I had bought especially to use with this stamp. The packet had 49 flavours ... and yes it was fun trying to find the colours to match the challenge - flavours being, Red Apple, Orange Juice, Berry Blue and French Vanilla. Yum!


The Colour Challenge from Keesh - #16

What funky colours, just right for the Gumball Machine!


Sketch Challenge from 'Card Patterns'

I turned the sketch a full 90 degrees as it suited the stamp set that I wanted to use.

Back to Betty ... she's a very lovely lady who faithfully comes to church and gives the younger children a lollypop every week! When my kids were little, they affectionately called her, 'The Lolly Lady'. Now they are both teenagers (19 and 16) but she still chats away to Laura and one day she offered to knit her a scarf.

Betty knows how much Laura loves scarves and this morning she gave her a present all wrapped up in Chrissie paper. Inside were two scarves, one she had knitted and the other was a blue silk one all the way from Bali. Her son has a clothing business there. What a special lady! I thought it was very appropriate to make a card with lollies on it, so Laura could say thanks.

I'm off now to write some more reports, well ... after I feed my 'hungry' family!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend,
Bronwyn

PS: I'm pretty excited as this card made it into iPicks! - Week 55


Comments

What a great combination of challenges. Gumball machine looks great.
Laurel said…
This is fantastic!
Laural-Lee said…
Love the inverted sketch! And the colours and theme are fabulous. That stamp set isn't available in Canada yet until Jan 5th so it's neat seeing what can be done with it.
~amy~ said…
OMGoodness...how SWEET is this??!!!
Sally said…
pretty awesome card for Betty, I bet she loved it too.
Sally :)
Cindy Major said…
You did a fantastic job with the colour combo challenge! Love it paired with this new stamp set! I was wondering how you had gotten a hold of it so quickly since here, the preorder only starts tomorrow... ;D

TFS!
Cindy
WOW mate I hope you're feeling the comment love! How awesome!!! You go!!
I too love this card, you've done such a super job on it! The colours are really great!!
THanks too for the warm and wonderful wishes, will keep you posted!
Love and hugs
Sharnee :0)
whoistracy said…
Oh my, this is simply adorable!! Love the bright colors and that fun little gumball machine!
Tracey Old said…
You have done a amazing job with the challenges!! I almost used this set but I had no lollies:(. You have inspired me to ink up my set now.
Tracey xx
Natasha said…
Very sweet (sorry, couldn't help myself!!)
Byl Family... said…
WOW Bronwyn, this is absolutely STUNNING! Love the yummy jelly beans....too cute! Thanks for playing. Love Keesh x
Beverly G said…
Congrats! right back at you, next guest designer, love your card, and to pick through the jelly beans to come up with the right colors, what a touch. You don't find many nice people like your Lolly Lady, do you?