Just Us Girls #55 - Colour Challenge

JUGs Colour Challenge

It's been a long time since I've entered a challenge at Just Us Girls. I loved the neutral colour combo for this week so was keen to see what I could come up with.

Here's the picture for inspiration. I used the SU colours of Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake.


I have been making a few Scallop Circle Easel Cards lately but decided to add a bit of interest by trying out the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique. Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint was used as the base for the background.


Project Recipe:
Stamp Set: Just Believe
Ink: Black Staz-On, Basic Black and Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop Circle Die, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Basic Pearls, Stamping Sponge, Dimensionals, Big Shot

Faux Mother of Pearl Technique -
1. Place a small amount of Shimmer Paint onto a plastic plate.
2. Scrunch up a 'ball' of plastic wrap and dip it into the paint.
3. Dab it over the cardstock and leave it to dry.
4. Sponge desired colour over the top (Crumb Cake in this sample) and buff any extra ink off the shimmer paint with a cloth.
5. Stamp your image over the top with Black Staz-On.

This is the first time I've tried this technique and you can find a tutorial in the Resource Section of Splitcoaststampers. I'm keen to give it another go using some pastel colours.


PS: A big thank you to JUGs for awarding me Chic of the Week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Patrice said…
You are so good at these scallop circle easel cards Bron - they are terrific, and this one is no exception. Absolutely love the neutral colours and your 'shimmer' background looks great.
Danielle Daws said…
Oooh, this is gorgeous Bron! Love those colours!
Kathryn B said…
What a beautiful card Bronwyn!! Such a cool technique that I must try myself! Thanks for the mini tutorial and for joining Just Us Girls this week!
Rachel said…
Beautiful, the colours are so warm. I might have to try that technique for myself.
Rach:)
Leonie said…
Ohhhh, this is GORGEOUS!! Love everything about it!
Nerida said…
This is a beautiful card and thanks for the technique rundown, I am going to want to try this.
AKiteFlier said…
Mmm Mmm GOod! THis is delicious - love the easel card and the shimmer mist - just lovely. Thanks for coloring along with Just Us Girls this week. We really appreciate it.
Claire Harrison said…
Purty! Might have to give that technique a go myself! xx
Jo said…
Totally gorgeous Bron. Thanks for the mini tutorial. Will have to give that technique a try.
Definitely have to bookmark this technique! This is stunning, Bronwyn! Love the colours! Hugs xxaxx
LeroyLime said…
beautiful card!!! Congrats!
Paula Dobson said…
This is so beautiful Bron! I should have read this post before commenting on Stampinconnection! Thanks for sharing this great technique! *MWAH*