JAI 87 - A Colour Challenge and a Diamond Fold Pop Up Card

Nikki has given us a gorgeous colour combo to play around with for the latest challenge at Just Add Ink.

I made up a template from a card kit that I bought at a Craft Shop, to produce this unusually shaped card and have decided to call it a Diamond Fold Pop Up.


Diamond Fold Pop Up Card



The Colour Combo for JAI 87



The feature flower is made from 4 layers of the 'daisy' from the Blossom Party Die. I was pretty chuffed with how it turned out and it's fun discovering new combinations for all the different flower shapes.


The cute little bird is from the newly released stamp set called, Best of Everything and when I first clapped my eyes on the new catalogue, I fell in love with this gorgeous set and it was on my first order in September!


Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Best of Everything, Tiny Tags
Ink: White Craft, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Textured Pool Party, Textured Calypso Coral
Accessories: Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Neutrals DSP, Blossom Party Die, Pool Party and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Markers, Eyelet Border Punch, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Sticky Strip and Dimensionals

* 6th October - I've only just discovered a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for this type of card. It is called a Spring Card. Here's the LINK.

I hope the colours, along with the gorgeous examples from the rest of the DT, inspire you to join in with our 87th Challenge at Just Add Ink.

Happy stamping and have a wonderful weekend.

Comments

Patrice said…
Your 'diamond fold pop up' is just gorgeous Bron. Really very striking in these colours and I love that big daisy taking centre stage.
Tania Gould said…
WOW that looks SO cool! You are so darn creative!!!!! I may have to ask a little favour and ask to borrow that "daisy" die for an idea I have in my little head!
Mae's Cachet said…
A beautifully decorated card and that little bird is so cute!
KimB said…
This is just awesome Bron, that white "daisy" is just spectacular. Love the embossing on the pool party too! Luckily for me that die arrived on my doorstep today!I might give the daisy a try in felt.
Kim xxx
Nikki Spencer said…
Awesome use of the Diamond fold Bron, love that the focus is the flower & the layering of colour and texture!
This is gorgeous Bronwyn. I love the way you've stamped the little bird - very cute! I really love the embossed panels and your stunning flower too.
I can't remember the last time I made one of these ... but ... I gotta tell you ... mine look absolutely pathetic beside this stunner! Hugs xxaxx