CAS Card Making Day 2 - Perfectly Flat Cards

I love being in 'Summer School' especially when you're taking a class that is all about your number one hobby.

Day 2
of the Clean and Simple Card Making Class features Perfectly Flat Cards or what are more commonly referred to as One Layer Cards.

The first group of cards were inspired by a video tutorial by Julie Ebersole.



The second pair of cards stemmed from an idea that was floating around in my head this morning when I woke. I really wanted to ink up some stamps that I've had in my stash for a while but never got around to using until now.

I love the fact that I have made a total of 10 complete cards today and another 3 are in the process of being 'coloured'. I think that is a record for me (apart from the days of making SU swaps). I love the simplicity of all the designs that have been featured so far and am already planning what to pick to highlight day 3 and 4 of the class.



Here's a close up of all the cards that I have made so far from Day 2's inspiration -

Stamp Sets: Delicate Doilies (SU), Friends are Treasures (Hero Arts)

Pacific Point


River Rock


Poppy Parade


Stamps: Sheet Music (Artee Stamps), It's a Parade (Hero Arts)



Stamps: Sheet Music (Artee Stamps), Musical Walk (Hero Arts)



Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with some more cards inspired by day 2 of CAS Card Making.

PS: Thanks to the ladies at Splitcoast for mentioning my 'a note for you' cards as a CAS Favourite for the week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are all lovely
Archana said…
Such a simeple yet elegant cards! Beautiful images. Love it.
Penny said…
These are so pretty. I especially like the kids on top of the music!
Unknown said…
I love this card, is great ... and the butterfly is more than great!, Congrats.
Patrice said…
Wow Bron you're on a roll! I'm very impressed, and I love these one layer cards. Go you!

x
Dotchie said…
I totally love the music parade stamp from hero arts and struggled to think how to use in a clean and simple design--and here it is. I love some of the more retro stamps, but struggle to figure out how to use them. Great job.