CAS Card Making Day 4 - 1 Stamp, 3 Ways

Before I get onto my sample for Day 4, I want to share with you a sketch and a technique that Maile Belles demonstrated last week in the online CAS Card Making Class.

This is a fun way to use a selection of Copic Markers and the negative of a die cut.


Hello Card #1

While I was searching for some ribbon, I came across this bright yellow ric rac and thought it would make the main part of the card really 'pop'. I then embossed the greeting with white embossing powder and added a cute yellow button to finish it off. I'm really pleased with the result and love the colour panel against the black card stock (Maile made a beautiful blue Copic panel against white).

My friend, Tania, did a gorgeous card using this sketch too. You can check it out HERE.

. . . . . . . . . . .


Hello Card #2

Now onto Day 4 -

Kristina Werner demonstrated how to use 1 stamp, 3 ways with a background script stamp. One of the ideas was to stamp and emboss onto cut out letters. I already had a lovely cut out image after doing the card above, so went with that and used the same sketch as Kristina's.

I even got brave and used one of their suggestions to cut up a stamp from the set, Truly Appreciated (Hero Arts) and white embossed it on the card. Unfortunately the photo does not do the embossed words on 'Hello' justice. I love the rainbow effect created by the Copic Markers.

Supplies Used:

Stamp Set: Truly Appreciated (Hero Arts), En Francais (SU)
Card Stock: Basic Black (SU), White X-Press It
Accessories: Sizzix 'Hello' medium die, ric rac from my stash, yellow button (SU), white embossing powder (SU), selection of Copic markers, white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by. If you're doing the course too, why don't you let me know so I can return the favour and come and have a peek at what has inspired you.

Comments

Both of these cards are gorgeous Bronwyn! Very eye-catching and love the colours you've used.
Julie said…
Lovely work! The second one is really stunning! I bet it look even better in real life!
Patrice said…
I can see how much you're loving the school holidays. You are creating soooo much lately and it's great.

Saw Tania's card using the copic technique at top - both of you have done a fabulous job. Love that you utilized the cut-out on your second card.
Nikki Spencer said…
Wow Bron, the black cardstock really makes the copic panel & diecut pop beautifully.
I'm loving the inspiration you & Tania are providing from the On-line class.