Mum's Tea Cup Easel Card

High Tea for Mother's Day

 JAI 112 - Colour Challenge
 

There is an absolutely scrumptious colour challenge at JUST ADD INK and the combo was perfect for this little tea cup easel card that I designed.

I've had this idea in my head for weeks and thought a card for my mum for Mother's Day would suit the design rather well (She's mostly a coffee drinker but does love her fine china). 

I'm my own worst critic but I must admit that I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  However, I still  need to tweak it a bit before I write a tutorial so stay 'tuned'.


 The Gorgeous Colour Combo
 


 A Bird's Eye View


Project Recipe:

Stamp Sets:  Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Tiny Tags
Card Stock and Ink: same as challenge colours
Accessories:  English Tea Party Lace Doily Die (Cheery Lynn Designs), Tea Cup and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Bird Die from a Marianne Design Creatables Set, Word Window Punch, Sponge Dauber, Blender Pen, Vintage Tag and Dimensionals (SU)


Happy crafting!


Comments

Patrice said…
Oh Bron this is absolutely divine! Such perfect colours for your latest Easel creation. Your mum is going to love this one!

x
Wow Bronwyn! This is beautiful and clever! Love the doily and the tea cup is so pretty stamped with elements of style. I think our colour challenge is a perfect fit for this card, I'm glad you could play along with us.
Nikki Spencer said…
Adore it!..Bron you never cease to amaze, this is another gorgeous easel inspiration.
Geez..l only just got round to making a butterfly one too..lol.xxx
KimB said…
I couldn't help it Bron, as soon as I realised this was an easel card I laughed. It is just wonderful!! and only you would think of easeling a tea cup (huge smile)Love the beautiful pink flowers it does indeed look like fine china!
Kim xxx
Anonymous said…
Ooooh this is too cute! I'm a first time player at JAI, it's so lovely to find you. LOVE your easel cards, just gorgeous!

Rachael xx
Esther Asbury said…
Oh how very pretty! Love the little birdie perched on the rim of the cup...so cute!
Tina said…
Wow! Gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
Bronwyn, this is gorgeous! Very sweet and delicate. The stamped image is very fine china like! Cheers Donna :)
Mae Collins said…
Bron this is absolutely gorgeous and I know your mum will just love it. Such a great idea. Thanks for joining in with another of our JAI challenges too!
H2 :) said…
Your easel teacup looks fabulous Bron! The challenge colours are just perfect for your sweet creation. Love the cute birdie perched on the rim too. :)
Christine Blain said…
Such a sweet, special card! I adore the little bird perched on top of the tea cup, Bron, and the little tag and sentiment window are adorable touches. What a lucky Mum you have.
Anonymous said…
Wow - what a fantastic card! Love it!
Anonymous said…
Wow! Love it. Anxious to see the tutorial.
Anonymous said…
Love it Bron - this is fantastic.....I wanna make one!!! Chantell JAI
Bron you've created a gorgeous and very real looking china tea cup. I love it! You're so very clever! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!
Sandy said…
This is lovely.
Judy May said…
This is so gorgeous, Bron and fabulous for Mother's Day. Looking forward to the tutorial :).