Digital Punch Art - My Favourite Technique for SUO Challenges

What's my favourite technique at the moment?  The answer would have to be designing little owl characters using digital punches from MDS (Digital Punch Art).

All week I have been playing on my laptop (after work of course) and have been designing quite a few owl cards (mostly pirates). Today I decided to cut out and assemble my little Red Indian Owl as I was anxious  to see what it looked like in real life and not just on a computer screen.  I must admit that I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

The challenge at SUO Challenges #79 is to "create a project using your favourite technique.  What's the technique that you use that makes you smile the most when you're working on or have completed a project?"

My owl cards certainly bring a smile to my face every time I make one.  They are a bit addictive at the moment.



SUO Challenges #79 - Your Favourite Technique
 
 Digital Punch Art


    


Project Recipe:
Card Stock:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Naturals White
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Accessories: Circle Punches - 1 1/4", 3/4", 1/2", Bone Folder, White Stampin' Chalk Marker
Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder

Stampin' Sponges


Digital Downloads -
 Owl Builder Punch
 
 Tasteful Trim

 Tags For All
(Bow Wrap for Headband)

Feathered Woodcuts

The digital downloads were turned into 'cutting files' and cut out with an electronic cutter.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope you have been inspired to give digital punch art a go and also to highlight your favourite technique over at SUO Challenges.

 PS:  Thank you SUO Challenges for voting me into the Top 3 -

Comments

PAT PHILLIPS said…
Will you have more owl card kits to sell soon?
Christine Blain said…
Bron, this cute little guy made me laugh out loud when he popped up on my computer screen! Adorable! You are oh-so-clever, my friend. :)
Unknown said…
I'm loving all your owl's they are so cute.
beth rush said…
I always love to see your creations with MDS, this one is just adorable! love it!
Anonymous said…
Creative genius...wow how FUN Mds and electronic cutting together makes for amazing projects. Thank you for sharing this adorable inspiration.
Julie Gearinger said…
I agree with the others- SO CUTE!! Love your little Indian owl and how you have combined MDS with the electronic cutter:-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!!
Connie Babbert said…
This is DARLING...I absolute LOVE your owls! So creative! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!
Karen Barber said…
does.not.get.much.cuter.than.this. adorable!!!
Mary Brown said…
Oh my word is this every CUTE!!! He makes such a perfect little Indian! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!