Coffee Cup Card
Created by: Bronwyn Eastley
Stamp Set: Patterned Occasions (SAB)
Ink: Stampin’ Write Markers – Tangerine Tango, Pool Party (PP), Island Indigo
Card Stock: Sahara Sand (SS), Whisper White (WW), Tangerine Tango (TT), Island Indigo (II)
Accessories: Coffee Cup Template, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Tangerine Tango Ribbon, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” Circle Punches, 1 ¾” Scallop Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Bone Folder
Instructions for Making the Coffee Cup Card (RHS) –
1. Print out the template onto an A4 sheet of SS and WW. Alternatively, you could trace the images onto a piece of plastic sheeting using a permanent fine line marker and trace around them. Cut out one card base in SS a lid from WW and a cozy from DSP.
2. Using your bone folder, make a crease in the lid across the middle section and glue to the top of the card front.
3. Attach the DSP coffee cozy onto the middle section of the cup and adhere two rows of TT ribbon to the top and bottom of the cozy.
4. Colour in the coffee cup stamp but not the sentiment, with TT and PP Stampin’ Write Markers and stamp onto WW card stock. Punch out the image with a 1 ¼” Circle Punch.
5. Punch out a TT circle using the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and an II Scallop Circle (1 ¾”). Glue the layers together but do not attach to the card until you have stamped the sentiment.
6. Clean your stamp well before inking up the sentiment with an II marker and use your Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp it in the centre below the cozy.
7. Attach your coffee cup image to the middle of the cozy with Dimensionals (foam dots).
8. The card can stand upright quite well without support.
This is quite an easy card for a Make ‘n’ Take and it demonstrates the following techniques – Colouring on stamps, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, using punches to layer, making a shaped card without a die.
(If you would like the template just hop over to my new blog at addinktivedesigns.com and download one for free from my Tutorial Shop).
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy!