CASE-ing the Catty Challenge #3 - Birthday

It's week 3 at CASE-ing the Catty Challenges and we're up to the Birthday Section of the Stampin' Up! ® Catalogue.  The idea at CTC this week is to browse through pages 42 - 59 and find a project that you would like to re-create.
 
You can directly CASE (Copy and Share Everything) or use a sketch/layout, colour combo, embellishment, just to name a few examples, as a springboard for your own creations.

The inspiration for my card is from page 56 (Happiest Birthday Card).  I used the sketch and most of the colour palette but substituted Apothecary Art with one of my new stamp sets, 'Choose Happiness'.


The flower image was stamped on Island Indigo card stock and scrunched several times to loosen the fibres. I love the vintage look it creates. 
 
It's fun looking through the pages of the catty for inspiration, discovering something new each time and thinking of ways to put my own 'twist' on the projects. I hope you will join us at CASE-ing the Catty this week as we CASE our way through the Birthday section.


Comments

AB. said…
Very pretty card....I love the Island Indigo flower - it is beautiful! ....but I wish everyone would stop making such cool things using the Dictionary stamp....I feel an enabled purchase coming on! :)