Dots, Dots and More Dots for SUO #114 and a Tutorial for a Valentine Card with a Decorative Heart Fold
Hi there. If you have checked out my previous post for The Stamp Review Crew and was wondering how I made the first 'heart' card that was featured, here's a little photo tutorial for you. I've also decided to enter this card in the latest challenge at SUO as the theme is Dots, Dots and More Dots.
Stamp Set: @SoSocial
Ink: Strawberry Slush
Card Stock: Note Card from Hip, Hip Hooray Card Kit
Accessories: 2013-15 In Colour DSP, Sweetheart Punch, Bitty Banner Framelits, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
SUO #114 - Dots, Dots and More Dots
1. Glue Tea Lace Paper Doily to the side front of the card.
2. Punch out a Sweetheart from Strawberry Slush Card Stock and score down the middle. Attach to the front of the card as illustrated and then fold and attach the second half of the heart to the inside. Add embellishments to the front of the card.
3. Punch out several hearts (about 10 or 11) from DSP and score down the middle of each. Glue one side of the DSP heart to the front card stock heart and continue to layer the DSP folded hearts on top of each other (alternate pattern). Add a piece of Sticky Strip to the last folded heart but don't remove the red tape as the recipient will stick the heart down in place to form the decorative heart fold.
4. To mail the card, fan out the hearts half way and slide into an envelope.
5. Once the card has been received the recipient will need to stick down the last heart to the inside of the card to form the 'fan'.
That's all there is to it. Thanks for stopping by.