The Stamp Review Crew - Watercolor Wings

Hi there and welcome to the Watercolor Wings Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin' Up! ® Demonstrators who love to show you just how much you can do with one stamp set.

If you get lost, just click on the banner below to take you to our main blog, where you will see a list of all the participants for this round.
http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html
Watercolor Wings (139424)
 
Photopolymer Stamp Set ($45 AUD)
Coordinates with Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits Dies


I've just had two weeks of mid-term break; Tassie is in the middle of a cold snap at the moment so I have had lots of time to get ready for today's blog hop and have three new projects to share with you. WARNING:  This post has lots of photos so I hope you have a good internet connection :)


1.  Double Butterfly Flip Card


 
Front
Inside

I have made a video tutorial on how to make this Double Butterfly Flip Card and you can view it HERE.  It's a combination of Linda Bauwin and France Martin's tutorials.
 
Project Recipe:
Stamp Set:  Watercolor Wings
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron
Ink:  Marina Mist, Mint Macaron, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Memento Black
Accessories:   Pretty Petals DSP Stack, Big Shot, Paper Trimmer (with scoring blade), Bone Folder



2.  Golden Butterfly Curvy Keepsake Box

Thanks to Erica Cerwin (Pink Buckaroo Designs) there are lots of Butterfly Curvy Keepsake gift boxes fluttering around the internet and this is my version based on today's featured stamp set.
    
The colours are inspired by my first TCT swatch - every Sunday night (AEST) I post a new Pinterest inspired colour combo called The Colour Tree; then on the 7th of every month I host a Linky Party (Under the Colour Tree) to feature a round up of the previous month's inspiration. It's not a 'challenge' but a place to share your projects in the gallery.
    
I've linked up this project to the July Linky Party at Under the Colour Tree.  I hope you will join me.

Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets:  Watercolor Wings, Serene Silhouettes
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Gold Glimmer Paper
Ink:  Mint Macaron
Accessories:  Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits Dies, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Glitter, Crystal Effects, Pretty Petals DSP Stack


3.  Cupcake Stand

My last project is something I have wanted to make for a long time.  I saw something similar made from the retired Beautiful Butterfly Bigz Die many moons ago and this is my take on it using current SU products.

INSTRUCTIONS -
1.  Stamp four butterflies, score each one through the middle and glue the wings together in a 'round'.
2.  Punch out a piece of card stock (Pool Party) with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch and glue a Gold Metallic Foil Doily over the top.  The card stock underneath the doily makes the base nice and firm to hold the cupcake.
3.  Place a glue dot at the top of each wing and secure the doily base on top.

 Mmmm ... yum!  Strawberry, Chocolate or Vanilla?
   
Or maybe for a tea light?
The colours are inspired by my second TCT swatch and I've also linked up this project to the July Linky Party at Under the Colour Tree

Project Recipe:
Stamp Set:  Watercolor Wings
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink:  Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly Framelits, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Gold Metallic Foil Doily (largest size)

I hope you're enjoying the SRC Blog Hop.  I'm nestled between two of my favourite stampers and have followed their blogs for a very long time; their projects are always so inspirational.  It's so lovely to be on the crew with them!

Up next is Anne Schach -
http://stampinchic.com/2015/07/the-stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings-edition/

... or back to Lisa Young -
http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html 

PS:  Here's a couple of Watercolor Wings Butterfly Easel Cards that I have already shared, just in case you missed them -


Butterfly Easel Cards

 
http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/bold-butterfly-easel-card-with.html
http://addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/tgif-challenges-tuesday-throw-down.html

Thanks for hopping along,

Comments

Jen Timko said…
You never cease to amaze me! That box with the gold almost made me swoon! Gorgeous work on all of these!
Dawn Tidd said…
I can't wait to come back and view the video for the butterfly card. It is so cute!!! I love your take on the box with the glimmering gold wings. Your cupcake stand is fantastic! Always amazing, Bronwyn!
Linda Callahan said…
You are amazing girl! The cupcake stand just blew me away!
Unknown said…
Great projects! Thanks for the tutorial for the flip card - can't wait to try it.
Rochelle Blok said…
WOW, WOW, WOW! You amaze me again Bronwyn. You are the master of 3-D! Love all your creations. You are just too clever. Rochelle xo
Tanya Boser said…
There is so much to love on this post! You really are a very talented lady, and you always delight me with your creations :) I love the double flip card, and the tutorial video-thanks for that! And the butterfly curvy keepsake box is a stunner too!
Anonymous said…
Oh Bron, you are A-MAZ-ING! It just gets better and better as you scroll down the page! I just know those cupcake stands are going to be at the next fairy party and that gold and mint combo - just gorgeous. I might have to meet you under the colour tree for that one!
Nikki Spencer said…
WOW!...Such a great line up Bron, love that gold sparkly butterfly and your cute cupcake stand is gorgeous...So much inspiration! xx
Anonymous said…
WOW all of these are absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love your cupcake stand that is genius! You are so talented and I just love to visit and see what you create!
Sharon Madsen said…
LOVE your projects. Am particularly fond of the double gatefold. I have to try this! Thanks for sharing.
Ann Schach said…
Wow! Wow! And wow again! Such fabulous, gorgeous and creative projects! You are amazing!
Mike said…
WOW! When you think out of the box, you don't ever SEE the box! Yeow! What amazing projects! I can't pick a favorite - I love all of them!
Betty said…
Oh Bronwyn these are so wonderful! Big congrats on your video!!
Heidi Baks said…
Beautiful projects! How cute is that cupcake stand?!
As always, you went above and beyond with something for everyone - and all of them beautiful in their own way! That box though is truly amazing!!
CherylQuilts said…
Wow, how clever and beautiful each of these amazing designs are! I love the card, the adorable cupcake holder, and the lovely butterfly easel cards! So lovely and great ideas for gifts! Saw on Pinterest and just had to see more (and comment). Hugs!
Unknown said…
And THIS post is why, years later in the summer of 2020, I still hung on to some of my Bigz dies. The wafer thin dies just won't be able to cut through material strong enough to support a cupcake. Thank you for a brilliantly beautiful idea! OOXOO