CASE-ing the Catty Challenge #1 - Gift and Packaging

Hi.  Tonight sees the launch of a brand new challenge blog called CASE-ing the Catty.  A dozen talented paper crafters have joined forces to bring you loads of inspiration from the latest Stampin' Up! ® catalogue. 

If you are looking for ideas for your next Stamp Class, Workshop, Stamp Retreat etc. you won't need to search any further because CTC Challenges will provide you with gorgeous projects every week to get your creative juices flowing.

Each week we will focus on a different section of the catalogue and for our first challenge it's all about 'Gift and Packaging' with ideas CASED or inspired by projects from page 6 through to page 23 (AUS/NZ). Please refer to the 'What Do You Need?' page at the beginning of your country's catalogue to see how each section is divided.

The inspiration for my gift bag comes from page 20 of the AUS/NZ catty -

CTC #1 - Gift Bag with Garland
 

  
 
Page 20
 

I kept the colours pretty much the same but made my own gift bag from the 'Cool Like That' Giftable Templates (4 1/2" bag - digital download) instead of using a plain brown paper bag.  Stamping on the card stock with images from the 'Hello Love' stamp set, before punching out the circles, was also an added extra.  Please refer to the Stampin' Buddy below for further details.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Then I decided to see what the little punched garland would look like on a card ...

... and a Chevron Gift Bag -
 
I had lots of fun with my first project for CTC but the best part was knowing that I will be super organised for some upcoming stamp classes.  I'm really excited about CASE-ing my way through the catty and look forward to being inspired by the other DT Members and entrants as the weeks unfold.
 
 


Comments

love it Bron, buntings are the best for sure!!! wonderful CASE-ing!!
smiles Sharnee :)
Claire said…
Ooohh love your project Bron! That way you have incorporated the bunting into your projects is great!
Rachel Palmieri said…
Very cute gift bag and garland, I especially like the mix of colours. Thanks for the inspiration!
Anonymous said…
Looks fabulous. Love the bunting and it's got bling!
Jess said…
I love this project so much that I very nearly chose to CASE it myself! LOVE your version and all the fun little extra projects you created as well :)
AB. said…
Gorgeous! Love those colours and the circle bunting on your gift!
Thank you so much for having me along on the CTC Design Team! I am looking forward to sharing so many cool ideas! :)
Patrice said…
Gorgeous Bron! Fabulous CASE-ing.
Nikki Spencer said…
So cute Bron, love the circle images. xx
Monique said…
Bronwyn I love your CASE of the catty. A perfect example of why this challenge is so great - I hadn't noticed that idea! I am just going to have to get myself a sewing machine for my craft space.
STASIA SLOMA said…
I was going to case this project until I saw the sewing and decided against it. Beautiful Work! So excited to be working with you on the CTC DT. Thank you for bringing us all together!
Unknown said…
WOW! What a wonderful collection of projects :) Thanks again for having me Bronwyn!!!