JAI 104 - Back to School (Better Late than Never)

If you're doing a double take, I can explain ... Just Add Ink HAD an awesome Back to School Challenge LAST week but I was so busy being back at school myself, that I didn't get time to photograph and blog about my entry! Wow! I must have been super stuffed to miss a challenge.

JAI 104 - Back to School

I made the post it note holder and card to welcome a new member of staff into the grade 5/6 class.

The acrylic frame was purchased for a little under $4, and I jazzed it up with some SU ribbon, Kaiser Craft Papers from the Class of 87 Collection and attached a mini gel pen to finish it off.

The main image on the card is from Hampton Art - Graphic 45 which I decided not to colour in order to give it that vintage feel (Actually, if I was really truthful ... I just wasn't in the mood for colouring in :) .

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy crafting,

Comments

Nikki Spencer said…
Love the Vintage/Retro feel Bron and great idea to use the frame that way.
Better late than never...:0)
H2 :) said…
What awesome projects! The note holder is fabulous Bron - such a clever way to present it on the stand. Love that you kept the image on the card uncoloured & the papers/embellies are just perfect. :)
Christine Blain said…
What a fabulous little set of gifts for a new teacher at your school; that is so thoughtful, Bron. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Jo said…
Love the Post It Note holder Bron. It looks fantstic. You're right, better late than never. As a first time school mum, I must say I'm having a little trouble getting into the routine of school. Not much has changed but what has, has sent me in a bit of a spin.
KimB said…
Hi Bron,
I figured you must be flat out with school. I love your post it holder idea might tuck that one away as an end of year teacher pressie idea!! Love the vintage/retro feel and how you were able to tailor the card for 5/6. A really gorgeous welcoming present!!
Kim xxx
Lynne Armstrong said…
These are fabulous Bron, especially the post it note holder...I'll be visiting Officeworks next trip to town :)
Hugs xx
Prudent Pioneer said…
I really love how you used the ribbon as the pen holder! Very clever!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bold and the Beautiful ...

Scallop Circle Easel Card Tutorial

Just Add Colour with a Mini Photo Wallet