JAI 64 - Chocolate Wrapper Colour Combo

If you love chocolate you're bound to be inspired by this week's challenge at Just Add Ink.

We have a colour challenge for you ... but with a twist because you get to choose the combo.

The challenge is to
make a paper craft project inspired by your favourite chocolate bar wrapper.


I used a Peppermint AERO Bar wrapper for inspiration to make my chocolate holder and went with the colour combo of
Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Real Red and Whisper White.



I used the new Eat Chocolate stamp set (Autumn-Winter Mini) and the 'bubble' stamp from Circle Circus.

The sentiments read -

1. TO DO LIST
  • eat chocolate
  • do laundry
  • clean kitchen
At least you'll get one thing done today.
2. All you need in life is a friend who has chocolate. ... I'm that Friend
3. So much chocolate. So little time.


The scallop envelope has been widened to make a deeper pocket to hold the chocolate bar (an idea picked up from Tracey Old's latest Big Shot Brilliance Project).


The front sentiment reads -
I would give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter.

Click HERE if you want to read some RULES ABOUT CHOCOLATE.

I used the Scallop Square Die for the 'chocolate', cut it in half, ran it through the Big Shot using a CB embossing folder and then added score lines to make it look like a block of choccie.



For those that like the details, here's the Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Eat Chocolate, Circle Circus
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Markers: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Subtles Pattern Stack DSP (Wild Wasabi), Scallop Square Die, Early Espresso Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Slot Punch (NLA), Scallop Envelope Die, Subtles Buttons, Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Brad (gift), 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Spiral Punch, Sticky Strip
Non-SU: PT Red Vintage Button, CB Bubbles Embossing Folder

...............................................................

This chocolate holder was inspired by the following project I made last year using the Morning Cup Stamp Set and some tea bags (I'm yet to make one for my favourite coffee bags).

The measurements for the chocolate holder have been altered slightly to suit this particular project -
The Chocolate Chip Cardstock measures 7 1/2" x 8" and is scored along the 8" side at 3 1/2" and 4 1/2".
The DSP (x3) measures 7 1/4" x 3 1/4".

You can view the Morning Cup post HERE.

I originally followed a fantastic tutorial that I found at Pink Buckaroo Designs (Erica Cerwin).




Ok, if you're still with me, I have a confession to make. Cadbury Chocolate is actually my all time favourite and the beautiful state of Tassie has it's own Cadbury's Chocolate Factory which I have toured a couple of times in the past and my mum toured the one in NZ when we were there 6 years ago. Sadly they don't conduct tours any more but the shop is still open to the public. It's making me drool just thinking about it.

I went with the AERO bar wrapper because I loved the colour combo and my dad used to bring them home for special treats when we were little, so it became a toss up between Sentimental VS Favourite.

When I originally posted this idea in our JAI Forum, I remember Jodene making a comment along the lines of ... "You want us to choose our favourite? That's like asking us to say which one of our kids is the favourite".

So ... with Easter around the corner, we hope you have heaps of fun with this challenge. Hop on over to Just Add Ink to view the other DT 'yumminess' and to link up your creation.


Happy Crafting!

Comments

Jodene said…
This is such a great project Bron! And I just love anything that has chocolate inside ;)
Debi said…
ohhh I love these card boxes Bronwyn, cool colour combo too x
Christine Blain said…
This is SO beautiful, Bron. It screamed Peppermint Aero to me even before I saw your inspiration piece; just perfect.
Mae's Cachet said…
A great challenge...thanks for suggesting it Bron! I love your project and I have yet to make one myself...still sitting in my TO CASE file!
~Erica~ said…
Wow! I am so glad my tutorial is still making the rounds! Thanks for giving redit. ;-)Yours is absolutly adorable. i love the colors!!! You've inspired me to make another one of these!
Kim said…
love this project! this will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. TFS
Nikki Spencer said…
This so cool Bron, love the use of embossed choccy peices and the bubbles background is perfect.
Sam said…
Such a fun project Bronwyn, and it looks fabulous! I especially love the bubble...very cool.

Best wishes,
Sam.
I knew immediately this was peppermint aero Bronwyn, you have captured the wrapper so perfectly.
What a wonderful gift for a chocolate lover.
I love peppermint aero bars too!
Kathy
KimB said…
Its a totally fun idea Bron and what you made was just gorgeous. Love the detail you added in - the bubble embossing, scallop pocket and gorgeous ribbon tie! The choc mint combo is a favourite for me too!
Kim
Patrice said…
Your project is just gorgeous Bron and so perfectly Aero! Must give one of these a go...the folder not the chocolate, although....
Unknown said…
Oh yum, this is fantastic, looks great Bronwyn, and loving the peppermint of it all - my all time fave lol.
Steph said…
You make very attractive things....I like!
It's a delight for eyes...
Bravo in
Dorian Romero said…
I absolutely LOVE both these stamps sets! And I LOVE what you created with them! Thank you so much for sharing your great ideas!!!