JAI 92 - Just Add a Tag or a Bookmark

JAI 92 - Double Pocket Card with Tags

The challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to ... add a tag or a bookmark to your paper craft project. I made a basic Pocket Card from the beautiful Mocha Morning Speciality DSP to hold the two matching tags.


Some extra detail was added to the pockets by using the Eyelet Border Punch for some edge trimming as well as some machine stitching to hold the pockets together.

The layering of punches for the sentiment was an idea I picked up from a very talented demo called Julie Davison. You can find her beautiful card HERE. The finishing touch was the addition of a gorgeous rose bead that I discovered in my craft stash while I was searching for the Linen Thread.


The tags were stamped with Soft Suede using the flourish from Elements of Style.
Link
I hope you get a chance to play along with our 92nd challenge. Over at Just Add Ink, there's some truly inspiring projects from the rest of the team to help get your creative juices flowing.


Happy stamping and enjoy your long weekend if you live in Northern Tasmania.





PS: Instructions on how to make a basic Double Pocket Card from DSP can be found HERE on You Tube. Enjoy!

Comments

~Kristina said…
I love that card fold and have used it a few times. Seeing your colour combo here with all the incredible elements you've added is inspiring. Cheers!
Bron this is just stunning, love the mocha morning colour scheme!! I really like the scallop book mark - might have to make this one my self :)
Unknown said…
Kristina, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love this DSP and love vintage...I have added it to my library with the notes- CASE NOW!!! I hope you don't mind, but I could never improve on your terrific creation. Blessings, Diane
Tania Gould said…
Bronwyn, this is SO beautiful, and I am so super proud to have this sitting on my display shelf in first place position! All the details just....WORK! The stitching finishes it off perfectly, and I really MUST blow off the dust off my machine as well!
Jo said…
This is simply gorgeous Bron. I love all the little details you've added and that rose bead is perfection.
Tui Nathan said…
Gorgeous ... love this set, love the paper!!
KimB said…
Gorgeous Bron!! Love the eyelet edging, lace and stitching - adds such a lush feel. A card and pressie in one - super clever - in the CASE file for me too!
Kim xxx
Kim said…
gorgeous card! this will be in my inspiration blog post today. TFS
Nikki Spencer said…
Simply stunning Bron, all the details on this keep me coming back for another look...love it!
This is very beautiful Bronwyn! I love that dsp but still haven't cut into mine yet. You have used it so well! I love the "real" and paper lace and how you've stitched it on. Just wonderful!
jjcreations said…
Ya know - I used this fold for a card years ago, but haven't used it since because I didn't like how mine turned out - it was too plain for me. But Yaouzers! This is Fantabulous! I love the Mocha Morning paper, your layers, the tags with the trim attached with the brad - all perfectly put together. Thanks for inspiring me to use this fold again!
Patrice said…
Bron this is one of my most favourite projects. I love all of the elements here, and particularly love your choice of dsp! This is just stunning.
Anonymous said…
Just Waouh ♥
I ♥ it !
Very beautifull colors !!