Just Add Ink Challenge # 33 - Sketch

A Note of Thanks


There's a sketch challenge at Just Add Ink this week and it's gorgeous! There's so many possibilities for this one.

I started off with the idea of using the 'Great Friend' stamp set and then did a complete 'U' turn and ended up with this!

I had been admiring the little birds that people make from buttons and co-ordinating stamps and thought I'd make up my own using a couple of punches and the Cheep Talk Stamp Set. I love how the little birdie turned out!


This Week's Sketch - #33



The Musical Notes are from the Pack of Newsprint DSP



Project Recipe:
Stamp Set: Cheep Talk
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray
Card Stock: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories: Newsprint DSP, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Lots of Tags Die, XL Two-Step Bird Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Curly Label Punch, Silver Brad, Dimensionals, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Stamping Sponge

This will also be one of my SWAPS at the Tasmanian Regionals!



Check out my Birthday Present!


Yes, indeedy, it's my birthday today but I have had the above Optex Portable Photographic Studio for a couple of weeks now. I am loving being able to take photos any time of the day regardless of the light conditions!

My other present will be the very decent sized personal order for some new goodies from the brand new Idea Book and Catalogue. Although, the box will arrive while I'm away in Bali visiting some orphanges! ... and then it will be back to work I go, so it will be awhile before I'll get to crack open the box and have a play with the new colours, stamp sets and accessories.

Click on the picture of the Catalogue on my side bar to view the gorgeous contents. You had better take a tissue with you to wipe the drool off your keyboard!

I'll be back to show you the reason why I haven't blogged in 10 days!! I've been getting ready for a Workshop WOW presentation for the Tassie Regionals tomorrow.

Catch you soon,

Comments

Patrice said…
Happy Happy Birthday Bronwyn xoxoxox

Love that little birdie, your card is lovely. How spoilt are you getting your very own photo studio (you wouldn't believe it, I'm in the middle of making myself one lol. Enjoy it!
Rachel said…
What a great idea. Stunning card, just beautiful.
Rach:)
Tui Nathan said…
I too have been eyeing these little button birds - I love your creation ... and I love your whole card it all fits and coordinates really realy well with each other.
Enjoy Bali, I have just returned and loved it .... and I am sure that all the children whose lives you are going to touch will looove you too!!! Good luck and have a safe journey...
Tui Nathan said…
PS: Have a happy happy birthday and may your day be filled with happy surprises and love and laughter!!!
Jodene said…
Firstly a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Bron! I hope that you have a wonderful day. That light tent is awesome! I have been looking at getting one as well, since I hate waiting until daylight to photography any cards I make at night. LOL
Your card is gorgeous too, I really love that striking colour combo and the bird is too cute.
Good luck tomorrow Bronwyn, I'm sure you'll be great AGAIN.
Sorry I'll miss seeing you.
I love the cute bird card you made for the sketch challenge....adorable!
Kathy
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Bron! Hope you had a good day and I love your card its going in my case file my friend!
Very jealous on the tent thingy ..going to put that on my wish list to buy. Have a good day tomorrow and have lots of fun.
Rachel Moore said…
Great Card Bron, hope you have a very happy B'day and a great time in bali, be safe
Susan Joyce said…
Hi Bron, Happy Birthday! Love your light box. Fabulous card, love the birdie. Enjoy Bali. I am on my way to Tassie at the end of the month and just hoping it's not going to be to cold.
Anna said…
Love this card soooooooo cute! What are you doing at the orphanages? Sounds amazing.
Judy May said…
Hope you had a lovely day Bronwyn. The birdie card is gorgeous, love the crispness of black, red & white. That photographic studio is cool!
Emily Leiphart said…
Your card is a stunner and I'm just a teensy bit jealous of your new light box! ;) Have a wonderful time in Bali!!
Paula Fuller said…
I love this card. Your musical note wing is really cute! A nice touch.